Sunday, January 6, 2013

Almost Lunacy

"We do well with trusting God with our souls, but we like hanging onto controlling our lives here on earth."

A sharp thought from today's preaching. What a way to begin the new year.

The thought cuts deep, right through the heart. It is indeed observable, that there are those who play around by professing that they've given God all yet there seems to be little evidence thereof. I find myself guilty of the same, of which I ask the Lord for grace. It is easy, even popular, to fill our thoughts of the notion of going to heaven, of boasting that our hearts are secure in Christ, yet there might only be but a fragment where Christ reigns (if He even reigns there). He does not have their lives here on Earth as they still dance along to tune of this world. Shouldn't a blood-bought heart, a redeemed soul, be displayed by a blood-bought life here on Earth? If He has not secured their lives here on Earth, how is there any confidence of being secure in His most holy presence in heaven? "I have entrusted my soul to God, but my life here on earth is mine... all mine." Isn't this hypocrisy, if not, lunacy?

(From me to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment