Thursday, January 2, 2014

End of / Start of / Kind of

Many things are defined by endings, rather than their beginnings.

I do not believe this saying applies to a life's year. Life continues even after the 31st of December. There is no magic ending. There is no clean slate for the next year. I do not mean to undermine the importance of distinguishing a year from another. However there is an unhealthy notion of beginning something only when a year starts. A change of diet comes to mind, of which I am also needful of. This may be called a resolution. Personally I do not believe in New Year's resolutions. I used to, but I have come to believe that if one desires to change for the better, no day is better than today.

I was going to write about what transpired over the past year but one of my resolutions has been to talk less of my own personal life. Not that my personal life is unimportant, but my highly uninviting life is of no concern to the reader. This blog is a commentary; I have a journal somewhere else. However, I will use the blog as an extension of my work, so there will be advocating and posting about that.

So for 2014, here's to publishing my 30+ drafts and other worthwhile matters of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment