Friday, April 5, 2013

Conscience. In the Head. With a Spinning Heel Kick.

This is nothing more than a kick-starter to actually write again. Even my personal journal has been empty for the past days. I find it weird, however, since I have been writing partly to detoxify myself of all the work I have been doing. It seems that I have been too tired to do so. Both my reading and writing lists are doing the opposite of shrinking.

Kick-starter?

The past two months were grueling, yet thoroughly enjoyable. I guess I empathize with most of my on-field colleagues where they seem to find the provinces a more stressful place. I do not mean to say that working in the province is something that I dislike; in fact, working in a location far from Manila is a welcome change of scenery. But of pace, ah, that is the clincher. The pace has not changed. Been in Cebu, for work, and in a beach somewhere in Zambales, for ministry. I may be in need of long layoff for rest. A weekend will do. It's interesting that this is the first summer where I have no semblance of an extended break. Not that I'm complaining. I just need a change of pace, soon.

And also, I must distance myself from coffee. I am back to averaging nearly three cups a day. It's giving an appropriate kick for the morning, but sleep cycles might be suffering. Having a coffeemaker at home does not help. No, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment